This week In The Kitchen, Lacy is joined by one of our sales reps, Peter Ross who talks about his passion for PNW Pears. He then uses one of the pears to create an interesting take on traditional Chicken & Waffles. Can you guess which type of pear he used? Watch the video to find out!
26793 Green D’Anjou Pears
22051 Golden Bosc Pears
24246 Comice Pears
26124 Red Pears
- 20370 Organic Purple Sprouting Broccoli 18ct (Mustard Seed Farms, OR)
- 27908 Organic Parsnips 20# (Montecucco Farms, OR)
- 28672 Crimson Crisp Apples 15# (Kiyokawa Orchards, OR)
Best In Season
- 20096 Large Mexican Asparagus 28#
- 25202 Mag Melons 9ct
- 21460 Champagne Mangos 14ct
- 25148 Melo Gold Grapefruit 18/24ct
- 25310 Organic Grilling Onion 24ct
- 21059 Sweet Celebration Red Grapes 18#
- 25168 Sumo Mandarins 33ct
- 29065 Purple Radish Ninja Mix 12ct
- 25199 Valentine Pummelo 27ct
- 21493 Golden Honeydew 6/7ct
- 28085 Cotton Candy Grapes 16#
- 28450 Candy Snap Grapes 19#
- 28736 Kiwi Berries 12/4oz
- Sweet Sapphire Grapes (formally known as Witches Fingers) will be available during the middle of next week.
- Bream Tarocco Blood Oranges will be coming in two weeks.
- Wild Spring Onions are just starting to show up, but have a limited availability.
- Organic Peppermint Chard will become available the last week of February
Cauliflower: The market will start to creep up due to past cold/wet weather slowing yields. We are seeing a yellow overcast on the heads which has remained a common issue. Luckily the warm weather is soon to come.
Berries: All berries are very short on supply, especially raspberries and blueberries. Blueberry production from Mexico has started to rev up and so we will start seeing supply and quality improve as we move into the Spring.
Squash: Delicata Squash is done for the season.