This week In The Kitchen, Chef Lacy and Chef Sara Strong work with Local Organic Cranberries to create a perfect holiday dessert! Click the link to watch the video!
We will be closed on Thursday, November 28, 2019. Orders can be placed Wednesday, November 27 until 5:00 p.m. for delivery Friday, November 29. All Bulk Fresh Cut orders be placed by 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, November 26, for delivery Wednesday, November 27 or Friday, November 29. All Grab & Go and Prepared Kit items orders will need to be placed by 5:00 p.m. Monday, November 25, for delivery Wednesday, November 27 or Friday, November 29.
- 28695 Organic Cranberry 12/8oz – Black Moon Farms
- 26583 Eggnog 64oz – Alpenrose Dairy
- 28672 Crimson Crisp Heirloom Apples 15# – Kiyokawa Orchards
- 20479 Rainbow Carrots 25# – Ralph’s Green House
- 22776 Butternut Squash 35# – Hilltop Farms
- 20263 Organic Red Beets 25# – Dharma Ridge Farms
- 27908 Organic Parsnips 20# – Dharma Ridge Farms
- 23074 Organic Turnips 25# – Dharma Ridge Farms
- 20374 Brussel Sprout 12/2# Bag – Valley Pride
Best of Season
- 20302 Rasberries 8/9oz Driscolls
- 25408 Blueberries 12/1pt Driscolls
- 27946 Aloha Pepper
- 24215 Mango Keitt CA
- 26230 Purple Sweet Potato
- 20269 Striped Beets
- 28760 Tangerine Satsuma Stem/Leaf 22# Large Size
- 27651 Sugar Bee Apples 80/88ct – Chelan Fresh
- 24469 Organic Pomegranates 18/22ct – Homegrown
- 28872 Purple Cauliflower 9ct
- 26036 Orange Cauliflower 12ct
- 21318 Kumquat 10# (Special Order)
- 26813 Black Truffles (Special Order)
- 24992 Buddah Hand Citrus 12#
- 25403 Star Fruit 25/30ct
- 28060 Honey Glow Pineapple
- 28722 Organic Persian Cukes
- 27647 Lucy Glo Apples 55ct – Chelan Fresh
- 28219 Cherry Tomato Medley Mix 10#
- Domestic Blood Oranges, Cara Caras, and Heirloom Navels are just around the corner with harvesting beginning the first-second week of December.
- Long stem Artichokes, Availability is very limited right now
- Cantaloupe Mag Melons in December
- Cosmic Crisp Apples in December
- Honeydew and Cantaloupes are tight on market because the domestic market remains hot as offshore arrivals attempt to provide relief.
- Collards remain short but lettuce and romaine are very active on the market with some quality is still in question
- Organic Veg: As we transition greens down south, quality remains fair at best and firm pricing on what’s left of the northern crop. Insect damage, yellowing, blistering, and light weights are most notable issues.
- Cauliflower supplies are loosening up slightly and quality remains good to fair.
- Rain in Mexico is causing supply issues on Chile Peppers, Summer Squash, and Cucumbers.
- Colored organic bells peppers are extremely tight right now. This includes bell peppers, and mini sweets.
- Green beans are very tight due to rain and the pull for Thanksgiving is driving the market up fast
Local Farm Spotlight
Black Moon Farms
Black Moon Farms is a large, 70 acre, organic farm along the Oregon coast. Their primary crops are cranberries and blueberries, however they grow a variety of responsibly raised fruits, vegetables, and mushrooms as well. The farm is certified organic by Oregon TILTH.
The farm is the home of 25 sheep who help to keep the landscaping manageable! They also grow a variety of fresh produce in our greenhouse (peppers, basil, kale, tomatoes, etc.)
The farm participates on the World Wide Organization of Organic Farmers programs and they host participants at the farm to work in exchange for room and board. (WWOOF)